A workout that incorporates all body mechanics at the highest intensity one can attain and maintain for a short duration of time; increasing functional ability and providing for an exponentially higher quality life. All exercises can be modified for every level of fitness and utilizes bodyweight in addition to non-traditional fitness equipment that includes sandbags, pull-up bars, punching bags and homemade fitness equipment that can be found in most homes.
Our world has become addicted. Addicted to fast solutions, socially hyped fads and supplements to already existing natural nutrition. We are short on time, long on excuses and, honestly, bored to tears. If we were not bored we would not be so quick to jump on the next popular exercise routine bandwagon, eager to swallow anything that the latest “professional” tells us because they have washboard abs and a nice, round butt.
But we are becoming smarter.
More and more people are discovering they have been sold a load of bull and realize that their wellness does not come in a one-size-fits-all $99.99 a month package. High priced equipment, fancy workout clothes and one on one personal training is nice but definitely not necessary to achieve wellness.
It all starts within. A commitment to change and to be a better person. To establish who we are and stay true to it. For life.
5 Tips to living a FHiiT Lifestyle:
1. Eat balanced meals and little to no processed sugar. Check labels and pay attention to ingredients. Keep intake to levels that will support the energy needed for exercise exertion and not fat storage.
2. Cardio, cardio, cardio! Combined with strength training for optimal fitness. Don't be afraid to challenge yourself: pull-up, dip, rope climb, push-up, jump-up, and climb walls! Bike, run, swim, row, etc. hard and fast.
3. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and at a high intensity level. Time your breaks.
4. Be a leader! Encourage others in their own wellness journey and learn from each other.
5. Remember that everything you want is on the other side of Fear. Be brave and believe in yourself!